Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Here is Ben!

It looks like I am just jumping around from one history to the next one, but I have never been a systematic dog and I always try to get the pleasures of life doing my will at every moment so, here we go, It is time to introduce Ben.

It was beginning of April to be precise the 11th of April and we were walking close to our house in very early hours in the morning.

At this stage of my life I was passing through the worst moment in my adolescence period (I was 9 month old) and Eva had already given up trying to teach me some manners after being spelled from puppy curse (I will relate this later on) so the only way for me to stay calm and don´t destroy the house, was exercising  as much as possible (we  had started running in the mornings).
That day we had run for nearly 1 hour and Peter had joined us with the bicycle  for the last bit on the way back home.

As usual, I was pulling mad on the leash and Peter was holding me tight when suddenly I got an essence coming from the bushes ahead...Of course as good Springer I went to investigate who was hidden in those bushes when up at the top I saw a little head leaning through the vegetation!

Peter screamed and pointed at the head telling Eva there was a little puppy hidden in the bushes. Of course all we know that She can´t resist when the issue is little puppies so after the moment of surprise she pulled the puppy from the bushes by the tail.
She checked the doggy and told Peter it was a male and about a few weeks old, someone should have abandoned the dog there to die of starvation.

They started to discuss about what to do with him either bring him to the dog shelter or keep him.
Guess what happened?






Ben the day we found him.     




We didn´t know where he had come from or the breed he was (We still don´t know :) )only that was the cutest puppy ever.


Playing with me










Ben first day in Vesta´s bed
 
        Measuring his size with a pig ear




It was tough for me because he got all the attention and toys regardless I was here first.

I can describe him like a cocky doggy with loads of character and very smart (at least it is what every one says..) but I know as a fact that behind the cocky pup there is a very fearful buddy which has been treated very bad in his short life.




There are a couple of things remarkable about him. One is that he can spend the day barking out of nothing  and the other one is how sharp are his teeth when they are pulling my ears (he drives me mad when he does that...) I suppose it is, his Terrier side.

But if there is something he likes the most is this:














 

No comments:

Post a Comment